Identity Loss



“Um, like hello?” said Brandy as she answered the phone with annoyance. She didn’t recognize the number and she didn’t like talking to strangers. Well, unless they were really cute guys.

“Listen to me carefully and don’t hang up, ” said the voice. “You are not Brandy. Your real name is Brandon and you are actually a guy. I am your best friend Mark. We were messing around with a magic book and cast a spell. You wanted just to look like Mandy so you could mess with her, maybe ruin her reputation. But something went wrong and instead you ended up as her sister …..”

“Mark? Are you that dork in my math class?” scoffed Brandy with disbelief. “As if. There is no way I would ever hang out with a weirdo like you. “

“Wait, ” pleaded Mark. “Don’t hang up! We don’t have much time. The changes will be permanent soon unless….”

Brandy hung up the phone.

“Who was that?” asked her sister Mandy.

“Just some pathetic loser from school,” said Brandy condescendingly. “I think he was trying to play a practical joke on me or something.”

“Whatever. You better hurry up and get ready for school. You aren’t wearing that, are you?”

“What’s wrong with what I am wearing? I look cute.”

Mandy gave her a disgusted look.

“Really? If we didn’t look identical I wouldn’t believe we were related, much less twins. I mean, you have none of my fashion sense. Come on, I’ll help you find something. And fix your makeup while I am at it. I can’t have my sister ruining my reputation at school,” said Mandy as she took Brandy in her arm.

Brandy sighed. Her sister could be a real bitch – she certainly was a terror to the other less popular kids at school. But she did know how to be trendy, fashionable and popular. And although she didn’t always act like it, Mandy really did care about her. Brandy was glad to be her sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment